In this presentation, I review:
- the pathophysiology of lung edema (the factors governing the accumulation of lung water)
- the distinction between the two main types of lung edema: hydrostatic and acute lung injury edema
- signs of interstitial edema, by correlating the pathways by which lung edema fluid is cleared and imaging findings
- the concept of stress failure of pulmonary capillaries and its relevance to unusual forms of lung edema
- tumor-obstruction of pulmonary lymphatics and its relevance to lung edema
- lung edema in the context of pulmonary vein occlusions
View the presentation in Full Screen mode.